Date: 9th April 2018 at 6:15am
Written by:

AFC Bournemouth defender Tyrone Mings has ambitiously stated that he would like to be involved in the Cherries squad that travels to Liverpool on Saturday.

Last week, the powerful defender returned to action for the AFC Bournemouth development squad in a game against Southampton.

Mings completed the first half and felt that he could have actually got more minutes under his belt.

But as it was his first step towards full match fitness, a cautious approach was taken.

Mings has been sidelined with a back injury.

Mings had made three appearances during the current 2017/18 campaign, with all three seeing Mings named in the starting XI.

The first came in the EFL Cup against Birmingham City, but the other two appearances came in the Premier League as AFC Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe adopted a three at the back formation.

That saw Mings operate on the left-hand side of a three-man defence alongside Nathan Ake and Steve Cook.

However the 24-year-old was forced off at half-time against Arsenal in September and wasn’t expected to return this season as he had suffered a stress fracture in his back.

But following treatment at Aspetar, a world-renowned orthopaedic and sports medicine hospital in Doha in Qatar, he has stepped up his recovery.

Mings told afcb.co.uk as quoted by the Daily Echo

“I felt good. I came through it and wanted to stay on but, understandably, they tried to protect me. I felt great and felt fine.

“I would like to have been in the squad this weekend (Crystal Palace) but realistically I need to get some game time under my belt. Hopefully I can be in selection for next week’s squad at Liverpool.”

Your Say…

dragonm8 said…

Why bother rushing him back for a game or two at the tail end of the season.

It would probably be more beneficial to build him up slowly for a tilt at playing a more substantial part next season. – Join the conversation.

 

Your Comment