Written by NWCherries98
Wouldn’t mind seeing some o’ these for the game…
– Gives us a fluid front 3 which could include any variation of Wilson(s), Joshua King, Danjuma, Ryan Fraser, etc..
– Front 3 can attack with a bit more bite without worrying about tracking back as much. Would probably benefit Harry Wilson and King the most- and even Jordon Ibe if he ever comes back from the cold.
– With 3 centre midfielders, you can definitely use David Brooks there in the future for added guile, and probably even H. Wilson too.
– If we’re going to be a counterattacking team you might as well set the team up for it. Have Lewis Cook, Philip Billing or Jefferson Lerma sit deep and absorb pressure, before unleashing the pace of Fraser/Danjuma/King/etc.
– 3 lines of attack, in theory, means that Callum Wilson/King/Solanke would be a lot less isolated in attack as strikers.
– Eddie Howe’s blind love of the 442 seems to have led him to neglect the overwhelming positives of a 5-3-4-3 formation.
– For one, it gives us 15 outfield players. With the opposition always having 10 outfield players, this gives us a distinct advantage that can’t really be ignored.
– Travers needs more game time, so if we throw him in as well as Ramsdale, we eliminate that problem.
– Christ, I’m bored
– We’ve been lacking a bit of firepower recently, so with a front 7 I’m hoping we’d be able to recapture our creative spark.
– On second thoughts, the pitch looks a bit crowded. Don’t want to confuse Willo on commentary. Probably be best to just stick with the two centre mids.
– 442 it is!
This actually would work a treat against the Springboks on Saturday! – Join the conversation, click here.