AFC Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe believes that Chelsea will recall loanee Nathan Ake.
Ake made the move to the Cherries on a season long loan deal during pre-season.
The Netherlands Under 21 international has impressed following a run of starts in the Premier League where he has scored three goals.
He initially had to bide his time to break into the AFC Bournemouth XI, but when his chance came he has held on to the shirt ever since.
AFC Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe had previously confirmed that there was a recall option in the season long loan deal and it would appear that Premier League leaders Chelsea are set to take that option.
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte told Sky Sports…
‘Ake is a really good player and now in the last five games he’s started to play with Bournemouth and is playing every game, Honestly, I’m evaluating his situation, because Ake could be an interesting opportunity in this window, yes, for us.’
With the speculation building on Saturday, Howe was asked if Ake would be returning to Chelsea and Howe told The Metro…
It looks like that will be the case, it`s not 100% finalised yet.`
Northbourne Reds wrote…
Even if he is recalled,Eddie will probably have a replacement lined up to sign.
But like someone has already said,if he does go back Conte probably wouldn’t change his tactics or style and use him anyway. – Join the conversation here.
It’s easy to join AFCB Vital
Sign up and have your say on the articles, polls and forums, just click the link to register.