AFC Bournemouth have reportedly had a fourth bid for Birmingham City’s Demarai Gray rejected.
AFC Bournemouth have been linked with bids for Demarai Gray throughout the January transfer window.
The Cherries first reported interest in the 18 year old attacker came on New Years Eve, when Birmingham rejected an ‘insulting offer’ from AFCB.
That insulting offer was reportedly in the region of £1.5million and then later that week, Birmingham claimed to have had a second improved bid in the region of £2million rejected.
Birmingham City manager Gary Rowett told bcfc.com…
‘The club felt the last offer was derisory and I think for a player of his talent that was right…’
‘…I think he`s a huge talent and I would expect lots of clubs to be interested in him, so it will be interesting how the month goes.’
AFC Bournemouth chief executive Neill Blake responded by speaking to the Daily Echo and he said…
‘Our policy is to conduct our transfer business in private and not through local or national newspapers or any other media.
‘The manager has made our position crystal clear and we, as a club, will not be commenting on transfer speculation…’
On 23rd January reports of a third bid emerged. They suggested that a bid in the region of £3million plus add-ons boosting the overall offer to £3.5million had been made and subsequently rejected by Birmingham.
And now a fourth bid has been made, less than a week after the last bid was rejected.
This bid, according to Birmingham Mail was slightly increased to £3.5million.
With the recent reported offer being just slightly higher this perhaps suggesting that the Cherries feel they are now edging closer to an agreeable fee with Birmingham or of course the maximum amount that would be offered.
The transfer window is set to close on Monday evening.
It’s easy to join AFCB Vital