Written by kirsikka
— Positives —
– We got the win. That’s all we could do today even if Everton were the absolute epitome of a team on the beach
– Good tactical set up in the first half. Left us very exposed when Everton went forward but the risk-reward balance was right on this occasion and Everton didn’t fancy playing against the energetic pressing one bit
– Excellent free-kick for the goal and a couple of other decent set-piece crosses in there as well. It’s taken until the final game since the resumption to do it but at least we got it sorted.
– Great to see Solanke score another, even if Lerma tried to claim it. Hopefully, that sets him up well for next season as there’s a distinct chance he could be the main striker as we try to clear the decks.
– Ramsdale made a few good interventions when called upon as well. Nice to see him back to his pre-lockdown performance levels
MOTM against Everton
— Negatives —
(I’ll say first that I’m only focusing on what happened in our game so I won’t talk of what might have been on other days.)
– I don’t know what it is but somehow our left-back seems to be the most exposed position. Almost every attacking threat that Everton had came from there in both halfs. I can’t pinpoint if it’s Rico or the players around him but something isn’t working there as it should.
– Wilson should have scored one of those chances. That might be a bit picky as it was an otherwise excellent centre forward performance from him
…. that’s it really. We did our job today.
Feel surprisingly OK – we showed some skill and fight, that’s all you could ask for today and bodes well for next season. We didn’t get relegated by today’s match. For me, we lost it around Christmas. Some of those spineless performances don’t bear thinking about, Brighton away, anyone?
But proud of the boys today. Let’s take that into match one next season! – Join the conversation, click here.