AFC Bournemouth chairman Eddie Mitchell has criticised Burnley and Bartley’s behaviour over the last minute transfer move on Monday night.
Mitchell has told the Echo that the first bid thought to be in the region of £300,000 was made with less than five hours of the transfer window remaining.
Mitchell claims that Burnley made a further three bids, the first was rejected, while the second was withdrawn and replaced with a reduced offer.
That undisclosed instalment based bid was ‘reluctantly accepted’ once Bartley expressed his desire to leave Dean Court by stating that he would struggled to play for AFC Bournemouth again.
Mitchell told the Daily Echo…
“We are disappointed the player seems to have played such a big part in the negotiations. I`ve had three people on the telephone all claiming to be his agent. The Burnley chairman offered something and then changed his mind…’
‘…It didn`t come through the correct channels either and the person I believe to be his agent had to hear it from me first. Obviously personal terms had already been agreed, otherwise the deal wouldn`t have been done. That`s not how I like to do business.
“When you`ve got a player who says he doesn`t know whether he could come back from this to play for us again, there isn`t very much you can do…’
Don’t forget to keep checking the RednBlack Shack for great online deals and help to raise money for the AFC Bournemouth Youth Team.
It’s easy to join Vital Bournemouth