Written by The Flying Picket
Eddie Howe’s judgement has really been poor this season at AFC Bournemouth.
1. Failure to get the best out of Tyrone Mings and then sending him out on loan leaving the defence vulnerable when players get injured.
2. Sending Marc Pugh out on loan instead of Jordon Ibe. Would start the former every time over the latter.
3. Finally waking up to the fact Asmir Begovic had the worst goalkeeping record in the division when others on here including myself had been pointing it out for months.
4. Poor handling of Ryan Fraser, so much so that he wants to leave the club.
5. A terrible January transfer window, What is the point of Dom Solanke and Chris Mepham
6. And what is the point of Lys Mousset and Diego Rico come to that? Millions forked out for no return.
7. Inability to win two successive games. Such a turn round in form between 2 games. Like win 5-0 at Brighton and then lose 1-0 at home to Fulham, win 4-0 at home to Chelsea, lose 2-0 away at Cardiff. Must take the biscuit for inconsistency. Having fantastic wins, the adrenalin should be so high, yet it never is.
8. Too much faith in players who would struggle in the Championship like Charlie Daniels, Simon Francis, Dan Gosling and Andrew Surman
9. Another FA Cup debacle.
10. Failure to beat our rivals Southampton for the third successive season even though the League Table suggests we are better than they.
11. Players who go down far too easy. Makes me ashamed.
Oh well, another season to look forward to that will be identical to the last 4.
Some contradictions, complain about sticking with the old guard but say mistake to send Pugh on loan. By the way, I hardly think Francis and Daniels struggled in the championship.
Mings has been injured pretty much since we signed him, so sending him on loan seems a pretty good idea.
Not sure contract negotiations are eddies job.
Begovic worst keeper in the premier league, where does that come from? De Gea at Manchester United made some pretty big errors, not seen Begovic make those sorts of errors this season.
Clearly, you’ve only started supporting in the last 5 years, you wouldn’t be moaning if you had for longer. – Join the conversation, click here.