Liverpool full-back Nathaniel Clyne could be AFC Bournemouth’s first signing of the January transfer window according to reports in British tabloid newspaper the Daily Mail.
The transfer rumour mill isn’t a complex machine.
If one club needs a player for a certain position and another club has a player that can fill that role but looks surplus to requirements then said player will inevitably be linked to said club.
With AFC Bournemouth after two high profile injuries to both Adam Smith and captain Simon Francis, the Cherries are short of options at right back. On Wednesday night winger Junior Stanislas filled the void and a clear temporary solution that is unlikely to continue until Adam Smith returns from injury and he is, according to Howe, yet to return to training.
Meanwhile, at Liverpool, England international Trent Alexander-Arnold is the first choice right back at Anfield with Joe Gomez and James Milner the preferred next options ahead of 27-year-old Nathaniel Clyne.
The former Crystal Palace and Southampton full-back had previously been linked with a loan move to Cardiff City due to a previous connection with manager Neil Warnock.
But now it seems AFC Bournemouth are set to gazump the deal with the report claiming…
“Bournemouth are trying to snatch Liverpool defender Nathaniel Clyne from under Cardiff’s noses.
The report went on to add that…
“Eddie Howe identified the full back as the man he wants to ease his injury crisis.
…he would be a great loan signing in my opinion…can’t believe that he would prefer Cardiff City?
Do wonder if Klopp would let him go though at this stage? – Join the conversation, click here.