Written by kirsikka
AFC Bournemouth 1-3 Burnley
That was a painful watch. If I was a neutral I’d wonder how on earth we have 38 points as we looked like relegation fodder out there. So many things to concern me I don’t know where to start.
– Sloppy passing. Not from one individual, it seems to has spread like the Norovirus across the whole team. A similar messy outcome to watch them try to clean up afterwards.
– Begovic. I said earlier this week I thought he would still be here next season. I think he’s done everything he can to try and change that with this performance.
– Not just the passing but there was a litany of individual mistakes across the whole team.
– Inability to clear our lines. We either hoofed it up which they loved or gave the ball back to them. Where were the fast and pacy breakaways? Actually, there were a couple but we usually then messed up the pass before we got into a dangerous area.
– Fight, or lack of it. We were bullied off the ball so many times it was like watching a school match between two teams three-year groups apart. There’s no excuse for that to happen so many times.
– Finishing. On those occasions where we did pass it around with a bit of intent, Burnley looked very vulnerable. Almost un-Dyche like in their poor defensive organisation. A fully functioning AFCB would have torn them to pieces. Instead, on those rare occasions when we did see something created the finishing attempts were woeful.
I could go on but it would be quicker to just summarise it as abysmal.
I’m trying to think of someone who can hold their head high and say at least they played well but if I’m honest I can’t. Burnley will say they performed brilliantly but that’s easy to do when not even one single individual steps up from the opposition.
The best you can say about whoever gets Man of the Match for us was they were nearly adequate. Not quite but nearly. Not too sure who that might be though.
I’m starting to hope that 38 points are enough to keep us up as if we play like that in every game between now and the end of the season we might finish on that.
I think Smith and Ake are reasonable shouts at Man of the match for average performances.
Begovic should never really have gotten his place back, then should have been dropped for the mess he made last week. I hope we will see the back of him now.
Clyne and Mepham both looked physically unable to compete with Burnley.
Gosling very sloppy.
I thought that the combination of Lerma and Gosling gives us problems because they lack creativity between them, but Brooks and Stanislas didn’t exactly provide anything even remotely creative from the same positions. Albeit seemed like madness to move Brooks (the only player creating anything) to a defensive midfield role.
Fraser. Was he playing?
Wilson. See all comments from most posters for the past several weeks. – Join the conversation, click here.